Is your chimney leaning away from your home? Let us fix it without tearing it out and replacing.
Most chimneys begin to lean as a result of soil-related problems such as expansive soils that expand and shrink with changes in the moisture content of the soil, poor compaction, overloading, excessive organic materials or erosion. These conditions create instabilities that can damage a chimney’s foundation as well as the rest of the structure.
Here’s How It Works:
- Knee braces are placed against the chimney to stabilize the structure.
- The ground is excavated to the bottom of the chimney’s foundation.
- Debris is removed from gap between the chimney and the home’s wall .
- Piers are then placed on the chimney’s foundation.
- The chimney is then lifted and/or stabilized while the knee braces push the chimney back into place against the home.
- The piers are then locked down, the chimney is caulked at the house, the previously removed earth is backfilled, and the knee braces are removed.
- The chimney structure is now stable and as good as new!